Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sponge Fun

This summer we picked up some packages of sponges at the local dollar store. The initial reason for getting them was to cut them up into strips so we could use them as a "quiet" building tool to make towers. But, it didn't take too long before the girls took them and made long lines, put them in piles, and then took off with them to their play kitchen for some cooking. I was able to corral them for a little bit to do some counting, sorting, & patterning. Then, they were off again! Sometimes I find a random sponge piece under the couch or stuck in a shoe..... I guess the main point is do not underestimate the power of the sponge! Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the water ball sponges too. You have to try it while the weather is still warm, or I guess you could toss them in the bath! Just check out the pics and links below.

Here is where we got our inspiration for building towers and sponge balls.
I'm sure as you surf the web and pinterest you'll find lots of ideas too! (and different types of sponges that you can use). Yes, please send more ideas my way and have fun!

Sorting
Patterns
     











Building
Water Sponges

No comments:

Post a Comment