Tuesday, April 10, 2012

10 Sensory Bottle Ideas

I just made some sensory bottles for the kiddos this week. I found many ideas out there so I thought I'd share a few. We ended up using glitter & food coloring, dice, ribbon, plastic squares, and beaded necklaces. I also found VOSS water bottles at our local Kroger store. The labels were easy to peel off too, but you could use any kind of bottle you like!


Here are some things you probably already have around the house that you could put in the bottles.

1-glitter
2-curled cut ribbon
3-dice
4-bead necklaces
5-plastic beads
6-small pebbles
7-little Legos
8-plastic buttons
9-foam shapes
10-oil

I'm sure you could even mix & match some thing too. Try sand & pebbles, or food coloring & oil. We also found some little plastic frogs, colored paper clips & a few other things we wanted to try, but we ran out of bottles. Is there such a thing as too many bottles? I think I'll have to limit myself, but these would be great inexpensive gift ideas too! Oh, make sure that when you are happy with the bottle, glue the cap on.

Check out these links for even more sensory bottle ideas!

The Jandernal Journal- sensory bottles

Pink Pistachio- sensory bottles

Southern Thomas- discovery bottles

Meet The Dubiens- I Spy bottles

If you have any more ideas, please pass them my way! 

Top 10 Link-up with Many Little Blessings

3 comments:

  1. I've never thought to do this, but what a cool idea! This would be a great end-of-the-year gift to the kids in my daughter's preschool class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I wish I would have seen this a month ago for some baby & toddler birthdays! Check out the I-Spy link (using rice). I want to try that soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat! The Voss bottles really are perfect for that. I love Lynsey's idea of giving these to a preschool class as well :)

    ReplyDelete