Tuesday, May 21, 2013

10 Easy Sensory Bin Ideas

Over the past year, I've been keeping my 2 & 4 year old busy with a sensory bin (well, now they are 3 & 5)! My husband brought home a large blue plastic container from work, and I thought, "the kids will have fun with this." I don't think that was his original plan. Really, you could use any type of plastic container.

Here are some things we've tried or will be trying. I try to usually pick things that are simple, cheap, and not too messy. Despite my best efforts, there is inevitably a mess of some sort. Of course, we do things like water & sand outside when the weather is nice. This is also nice for days that are too hot or too cold.


I don't usually have a theme, because I'd never get it organized on time and sometimes we keep it out for a day or sometimes a few weeks at a time! I'm sorry I don't have pictures of them all right now (working on that!). You can add any spoons, bowls, cups, toys, etc. that your kiddos might like. I think you'll find that your kiddos will get creative with it all on their own. Have fun!


1-pom pom balls

2-dry noodles

3-dry beans

4-plastic eggs & grass

5-popsicle sticks

6-water (snow in the winter, bring indoors)

7-cotton balls

8-sand

9-leaves (real or fake)

10- nut & bolts


Do you have any more ideas for a sensory bin? Please send them my way!

Top 10 Link-up with Many Little Blessings



2 comments:

  1. To be honest I've never made a sensory bin ;) Looks like I have an idea of what to do now that my daughter is on summer break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many neat ideas for sensory bins when you start searching! It keeps the kids busy for quite a while!

    ReplyDelete