Monday, June 17, 2013

Thrifty Keyboard Fun



One of the libraries that I take the kids to has two old computer keyboards that kids can play with in the children's area. My girls were so excited to get their hands on them that we had to make a trip the thrift store immediately after leaving the library to get our own keyboards for home! It was well worth the drive and only $5 for two old keyboards. (I found some at our Goodwill, but the Thrift store had even more). They love to pretend to type, or they like to use them as a register and swipe "credit cards". I just cut the cords off so they couldn't get into trouble with those, and they were set. If I was still teaching, I'd probably even grab a few for the classroom so the kids could type letters, names, sight words, etc. I can see lots of possibilities! So don't just sit there, go make a trip to the thrift store so you can pull these out for a rainy day.  (You may even already have one stored away in a basement box- free is even better!)


I also ran across this blog post for making magnets out of old keyboard keys.  I might have to try that too!

Blog Hop with Frugal Crafty Home Blog

3 comments:

  1. What a thrifty, hands on (no pun intended) creative idea!! Jenny...you are brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz. Borrowed the idea from the library, so i'll have to give them credit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I will have to try to make this for my daughter. She loves trying to get on the computer. Thanks for sharing on the Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop!

    Katie @ The Casual Craftlete

    ReplyDelete