Monday, June 3, 2013

Coupon Cutting Tots



2 Girls + 2 Pairs of scissors + expired coupons = busy fun time

Here is my new version of coupon cutting....

Break out the kid scissors and let the kiddos have at it. Of course I tried to guide them about cutting on the lines to work on some fine motor skills, but who was I kidding. They cut and cut and cut to their little hearts content. It was fun just to watch them cut strips of paper, cut adds, cut pictures they liked. Be prepared for a little bit of mess, but for me it was well worth it. I even held back a pile of coupons/adds to save for another "rainy" day. I'm sure you could could have them cut out specific things like, colors, letters, numbers, fruits, veggies, animals, etc. We've done that before, but I didn't even feel like getting out the glue to make a collage. Maybe we'll try that next time.....

Let me know how it turns out for you!

1 comment:

  1. It's so encouraging to see parents that still "interact" with their children and their play time activities. Thank you letting them make art vs. zoning out on a DVD. Igniting the minds of tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete